Marketing is important to make sure you’re staying ahead of your business. You want to earn new customers and maintain your existing relationships.
The internet makes it possible to reach more customers than ever before but navigating the maze of options can take some careful knowledge.
Over the next few weeks I’ll be talking about the five most important pieces to ensure you’re getting the most out of your online presence.
Today we’re starting with the most important piece of your online marketing: Google Local.
I’m going to assume you have a website with it’s own address – www.mybusiness.com. If you don’t, our Customer Portal can help with that. I’ll write later about getting started with a website if you don’t have one. For Google My Business and some of the other important steps I’ll talk about over the next few weeks you don’t necessarily have to have a website but it sure does help.
Claim your Google My Business
If you haven’t already, claim your Google My Business page.
Google is the most popular search engine – it’s the first place to start without a doubt. Make sure you get listed on google by filling out their easy steps. Claiming your business on google local and other google services will let you respond to reviews & manage information about your business that comes up in google searches.
Once you’ve completed their basic steps be sure you include the following:
- Add a long, unique description that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose the correct categories for your business.
- Upload as many photos as possible.
- Add a local phone number to your listing.
- Add your business address that’s consistent with that on your website and local directories.
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
- Add your opening times/days (if relevant).
- Get real reviews from customers (I’ll come onto this).
That’s the first step to getting started with online marketing – stay tuned for the next steps on improving your online branding & marketing presence.